Introduction to Politics On Toast’s terms
This is the website of Politics On Toast. Its URLs are www.politicsontoast.com and http://www.politicsontoast.com (and their non-canonical variants). These are the terms and conditions (Terms) which govern your use of the Politics On Toast website (Site).
The Terms apply irrespective of the media you use to view the Site (e.g., desktop, laptop, web browser, television, phones, handheld computers and digital devices or any other technology that can display this Site, including any technology which is yet to be deveoped).
Your use of the Site amounts to your assent to bound by these Terms whenever you perform any action on this site. If you disagree with any of these terms, you agree to discontinue use of the site immediately.
For the purposes of these Terms: “Content” includes all or part of any text, images, logos, trademarks, cartoons, drawings audio material, audio visual material, films or comments published on the Site.
The Site provides a comments system for you to comment upon articles on the Site. You agree to civilised conduct and to refrain from hate-filled language, abuse, spam or commercial messages. You may post a link to a relevant informational site. No links to commercial sites are permitted.
When you post a comment on the Site, you give your express permission for us to reproduce, copy, transmit, create derivatives of, publish, republish, edit, modify or delete the comment in any way we see fit and in any media. You give us full ownership and copyright of the comment.
When you comment on the Site you agree to use your real name; or, where this is not possible, a unique pseudonym that you will use consistently whenever you comment on the site.
You may write to us to ask us to remove a comment you have made in the past. We may consider doing this on a case-by-case basis where you have caused yourself or another party unforeseen embarrassment or problems by making the comment. Under these circumstances, please contact us using the contact form on the contact page. Removal is at the discretion of Politics On Toast.
Registration and Email Subscription
Whenever registering with, or submitting your details to, the Site, you agree to use your real name and real information. You agree not to provide any false information. You agree not to impersonate any other person.
We use Feedburner’s email subscription service. If you use this service, your name and email address will be kept on our database until you unsubscribe.
The Content of the Site is the intellectual property of Politics On Toast and James Garry. In the case of articles, the intellectual property belongs to first and foremost to Politics On Toast, James Garry and the author of an article.
If you wish to use Content (e.g., articles) from the Site, you must obtain the consent of Politics On Toast, James Garry and the author of the Content. Failure to obtain permission from all specified parties to use Content will be viewed as a violation of copyright.
Where any disputes over intellectual property ownership occur, all copyright of Content devolves to Politics On Toast and James Garry.
You may use excerpts of Content for non-commercial purposes.
Politics On Toast and James Garry have the right to disseminate any Content on the Site in any way they deem appropriate. They may submit Content to and display Content on external websites; they may tweet Content on microblogging sites; they may publicise and submit content to review sites or social bookmarking sites; they may promote and publish content on social networking sites (e.g., Facebook). They may print and publish Content in any format outside of the Internet.
Politics On Toast and James Garry can disseminate Content in any way they please without any permission or approval from Content authors.
Use of the Site
Visitors to the Site (i.e., those who are not working for Politics On Toast) must use the Site for personal non-commercial reasons only.
Your use of this site must always be done in compliance with the law. You must not impede the staff of Politics On Toast from their use of the Site, nor its users from their enjoyment of the Site.
You may not:
- Download or print any Content or extracts in a systematic way that could conceivable compromise the security or profitability of the Site; you must not create a database in electronic or paper form to compile Content from the Site, whether in whole or in part.
- Reproduce, publish, change, modify, plagiarise, archive, distribute, archive, sell or commercially exploit the Content without permission from Politics On Toast, James Garry and the Content author(s)
- Use technology or scripts or manual methods to extract data from the Site.
You must not:
- Upload content which is fradulent or false or misleading or defamatory or abusive or in any way illegal or harmful.
- Link to any material which is fradulent or false or misleading or defamatory or abusive or in any way illegal or harmful.
- Comment on the Site in any way which is fradulent or false or misleading or defamatory or abusive or in any way illegal or harmful.
- You may not employ harmful technology (viruses, trojans, malware, worms) to act upon the Site.
General Usage Terms
In addition to terms specified elsewhere in this policy, you agree:
- That your use of the site is personal and strictly non-commercial.
- That you will not publish your email address on the site.
- That you do not upload or disseminate any commercial content, including but not limited to: commercial advertisements, promotional materials, spam, chain-mail, pyramid schemes etc.
- That you will not enter any content into any part of the site that promotes, encourages, enables, facilitates or instructs any criminal activity.
- That you will not enter any content into any part of the site site that would violate any laws (whether these be local laws, state laws, national laws, international laws).
- That you will not use this site to infringe upon or violate the rights of any other persons.
- That you are solely responsible for ensuring that any content you enter to the site is not libelous, defamatory or in any way unlawful.
- That you will not use the site to harvest or collect contact information from the site in order to send unsolicited mail, commercial mail or spam to any users of Politics On Toast, including the site’s members or staff.
- That you will not execute malicious scripts upon or within the site which harvest personal information or affect the performance & workings of the site.
- That you will not execute, upload or deploy any malicious scripts (such as viruses, malware, trojans, worms, adware, robots, spiders) or files that will harm, impair or alter the performance, functioning or stability of the site.
- That you will make no attempt to hack, penetrate or compromise the security of the site.
- That you will not enter any content into the site which is illegal, defamatory, libelous, slanderous, hateful, bullying, obscene, offensive, abusive, lewd, harassing, profane, violent, harmful, intimidating, politically incendiary or divisive, threatening or in any way objectionable.
- That you will not publish the private details of any other persons including, but not limited to, their personal contact information, bank account details, social security number, National Insurance number, passwords etc.
- That any content you upload does not infringe or violate the copyright of others.
- That any textual content you upload is of your own authorship or property.
- That any graphical content (i.e., images and photography) is your of your own authorship or property.
- That you will not misrepresent your identity.
- That you will not create a false identity.
- That you will not imitate or misrepresent yourself as an Politics On Toast member of staff.
- That you will not set out to deceive any other members of this site.
- That you will not register more than one account; that you will not register an account in someone else’s name.
- That you will not attempt to use or hijack another member’s account.
- That you will not write, upload, transmit, share or store any content that is contrary to our ethos of a safe, courteous, harmonious environment.
- That you will not write, upload, transmit, share or store any content that exposes members or Politics On Toast to any liability or harm.
Termination Of Your Use Of The Site
We may terminate your use of this Site at any time, for any reason, without any warning.
Data Protection and Privacy
At the present time the only data we gather from you will be the data you submit entirely voluntarily through the comments system (see Comments) and your name and email address when you use our Feedburner email subscription service.
Disclosing your information
Under most circumstances we will not disclose your information. However, we may do if required by law or if we believe that we must do in order to comply with the law.
We do not sell personal information. We will not pass it on to third parties.
Third party links
The Site uses hyperlinks to other, external websites that are unaffiliated with Politics On Toast. We are not responsible for the content of these third party websites. Any problems with usage, or harm resulting from, these third party websites are the responsibility of those websites.
Information Available on Politics On Toast
The information provided in Politics On Toast articles is the opinion of individual authors and not necessarily the opinion of Politics On Toast. The opinions expressed herein should not be taken as advice (whether that advice is political, social, medical, commercial or financial or any other type of advice not described).
Politics On Toast and its authors are not responsible for any actions, or consequences of your actions, that you take on the basis of your use of the Site.
PROPER INDEPENDENT ADVICE SHOULD BE SOUGHT BEFORE TAKING ANY DECISION.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL POLITICS ON TOAST BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL, DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, EVEN IF POLITICS ON TOAST HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION UNDER CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR PERFORMANCE OF THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE FROM THIS SITE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
The governing law of these terms of service are the laws of the United Kingdom.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Politics On Toast will do everything it can to promote its ethos of a safe, courteous and harmonious environment. However, we are not responsible for the content posted or displayed by members. Neither are we responsible for the conduct of our users or the content or manner of the communications with other users.
Politics On Toast will occasionally be down for maintenance and repair at any time and disclaims responsibility – during downtime or uptime – for any loss, theft, damage, injury or death resulting from the use of this site.
Politics On Toast offers no guarantees of an uninterrupted, timely, reliable, error-free or secure service. Politics On Toast disclaims that any errors or defects will be corrected.
We are not responsible for service speed, service interruption, traffic congestion or the performance of a server.
Politics On Toast disclaims that the site or the server will be of viruses or other harmful components.
We are not responsible for any loss, alteration or deletion of any content on Politics On Toast.
Politics On Toast is not responsible for the performance of any communications networks including, but not limited to, email, messenger services, telephone networks or computers.
Politics On Toast is not responsible for any damage or loss caused to yourself or your computer, hardware or software resulting from the use of downloaded materials from the site, or from materials otherwise transmitted on the site.
Politics On Toast does not guarantee any outcomes or results from the use of this site or its services.
Politics On Toast does not guarantee that the services, products, software or other utilities on this site are complete, accurate, reliable, functioning, stable, error-free, virus-free or malware-free.
You are responsible for assessing the risk of downloading content from the site. All downloads should be scanned with an industry-certified or credible anti-virus software. Politics On Toast is not responsible for any damage, loss or harm to your computer, hardware or software resulting from downloading from the site.
Politics On Toast expressly disclaims responsibility for the content or conduct of other users.
POLITICS ON TOAST PROVIDES SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ‘AS IS’, ‘WITH ALL FAULTS’, ‘AS AVAILABLE’ WITH NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER. POLITICS ON TOAST DISCLAIMS RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSABLE BY LAW. THESE RESPONSIBILITIES WE DISCLAIM INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, FREEDOM FROM VIRUSES, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETORY RIGHTS. Where the law does not allow the exclusion or disclaimer of warranties, the above disclaimer may not apply to you.
YOU ARGREE THAT YOUR USE OF POLITICS ON TOAST IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You agree to hold harmless and indemnify Politics On Toast (including its parents, affiliates, licensees, staff, owners, officers, managers) from and against any third party claims arising from or consequential of your use of this site. You hold harmless and indemnify us against any liability and expense arising from such claims, liabilities, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgements, litigation costs, expenses, legal fees, of every kind or nature. In any such case, Politics On Toast will provide you with written notice of any suits, claims or legal action.
Changes to these Terms
These Terms are subject to change, at any time, without notice. Please refer to these Terms regularly as changes will be immediately effective. Your continued use of the Site after posting will be considered as acceptance of the changes.